Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you looking to expand/elevate your role as an Optometric Technician or enter the healthcare field with access to the best in industry technology and personalized time with patients gathering history, scribing and educating?
At SIGHT patient and employee experience is our top priority. We are redefining what is means to be seen by delivering individualized care that listens to our patient’s needs with holistic care plans that are collaborative, preventative and educational.
With two locations and various pillars of specialties including primary care, ocular disease, dry eye, specialty contact lenses, pediatrics, neuro rehabilitation, vision therapy and luxury eyewear there are lots of opportunities to grow within our practice.
If you are passionate about your work and like to deliver it with kindness and joy then please apply!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
Schedule for West Hartford Office:
- T/W/F= 8-5pm
- Thursday 9-6
- Saturday 9-3
Schedule for Farmington Office:
- Monday-Thursday 8-5pm
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Ophthalmology: 1 year (Preferred but not required)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable in ophthalmic assisting procedures and able to answer questions and address concerns in a professional and friendly manner.
- Performs all duties of an Ophthalmic Technician as directed by a provider or Leadership including but not limited to checking visions, intraocular pressures, finding patient’s glasses prescriptions, functional eye testing, scribing, checking patients in and out post visit, etc.
- Takes medical history from patients
- Assists in training and guidance of new technicians, is always teaching and welcoming.
- Preform various diagnostic tests
- Has excellent attendance understanding for patient care and team support.
- Checking Patients in and out from exam
- Educating Patients on products we sell in house
- Contributes to the agenda for team meetings, as well as participation in presentation as needed.
- Punctuality – Adherence to scheduled times of arrival and departure from work.
- Monitors their own productivity and responsibilities. Updates methods as needed to maintain efficiency and quality service to patients from staff.
- Maintains positive attitude consisting of cooperation, self-motivation, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Complies with all practice procedures and protocols. Complies with all state and federal regulations. Understands and accepts responsibility to report potential or suspected errors to direct manager or HR.
- Ability to work well with others
- Reliable, punctual and dependable
- Excellent communication skills
- Data entry and typing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experience as an Ophthalmic Technician is a plus
- Knowledge of medical office procedures/language
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 122579