Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you enjoy interacting and connecting with patients? Are you passionate about providing best-in-class vision services? Join the Big City Optical team today in this Optical Assistant – Sales job that rotates between the following locations:
In this role, you must be organized, self-motivated, detail oriented and customer service focused. You will be responsible for selling eyewear products and handling administration duties to a loyal customer base where patient care always comes first.
When you join Big City Optical, you become part of a collaborative team in a relaxed atmosphere that shares your passion for providing care with a personal touch to the members of our community.
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with 10% Matching!!
- Employee Discounts
- Free Annual Exam!
Bring your exceptional optical skills and build a career you love by joining the Big City Optical team. Apply for our Optical Assistant – Sales job today!
$18 – $20 per hour (experienced Opticians earn more)
Optical Assistant – Sales Job Responsibilities
- Provide patients with exceptional customer service by understanding and assisting the patient’s needs.
- Guide and assist patients in the eyewear and frame/lens selection process, by using extensive knowledge of product lines and options to educate client.
- Maximize sales offering and educating clients on lens options
- Provide patients with comprehensive explanation of their insurance benefits such as copays, allowances, and eligibilities
- Ensure insurances are billed correctly and by the end of each day
- Use proper tools to take accurate measurements, and fit/adjust eyewear as needed for patients
- Troubleshoot any issues client may experience with glasses we have made for them
- Promise accurate delivery & turnaround times meeting the patients’ needs. Immediately notify patient of any delays of delivery times.
- Confirm RX, lens materials, coating, and quality are in “passing condition” before notifying patient that glasses are ready for pick up and dispensing.
- Ensure product pricing is accurate
- Accurately process client transactions/payment
- Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office; dust, clean frames, clean and stock bathroom as needed
- Stock eyeglass cases, cleaners, contact lens station, ensure frame boards are full as applicable
- Schedule clients to see the doctor accordingly (reason for visit, insurance, etc)
Optical Assistant – Sales Job Qualifications
- 1-3 years previous Optician experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills with CRM software, Order Processing programs, and Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Knowledge of billing and insurance
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Preferred: Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 110897