Why You’ll Love This Job
Why You’ll Love This Optical Manager Job
Are you passionate about leading optical operations and ensuring seamless performance? Your expertise is needed at Vision Associates! Join our team today as an Optical Manager in our Southampton, PA location.
As an Optical Manager, you will hold a fiduciary responsibility to Vision Associates. Your role is pivotal in driving the overall success of our optical practice. You’ll oversee various facets of the location, including patient experiences, personnel management, merchandising, sales, inventory control, payroll, profitability, training, and safety. Collaboration with our medical leadership is essential to maintain and exceed the company’s high standards of patient care.
What We Offer:
– Joining Vision Associates means becoming a part of a tight-knit team that shares a deep commitment to delivering personal, top-notch care.
– You’ll work alongside leaders who respect your work-life balance and provide daily support and encouragement.
– Enjoy a competitive monthly bonus plan, Unlimited PTO, paid holidays, complimentary vision coverage, and free eyewear.
– Your hard work will be valued, and you’ll feel appreciated every day.
Bring your passion for managing teams and watch your enthusiasm translate into a fulfilling daily routine in this Optical Manager position located in our Southampton, PA location.
Join the Vision Associates team and apply for the Optical Manager position today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve or surpass established customer experience benchmarks through Customer Surveys and effective Touchpoint management.
- Address and resolve all patient concerns using the LEAP technique (Listen, Empathize, Ask, and Produce).
- Collaborate with functional management and location medical leadership to create a co-management environment that balances patient care with optimal business practices.
- Work with management to implement the Patient Schedule Template, ensuring efficient patient flow and minimal wait times.
- Ensure timely delivery of eyeglasses and contact lenses within the promised timeframes.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by identifying areas of inefficiency and taking corrective action.
- Cross-train all employees in various areas of the office to enhance versatility and efficiency.
- Be capable of stepping into any hourly position under your supervision to support patient care when needed.
- Uphold and meet all selling standards to maximize sales and gross profit.
- Lead daily/weekly staff huddles to promote effective communication and teamwork.
- Create a secure and integrity-focused environment to minimize inventory shrinkage from both internal and external factors.
- Optimize employee scheduling to align with customer needs and maximize productivity.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager on all aspects of supervision, including recruitment, training, counseling, performance appraisals, and associate development.
- Monitor and enforce company cash handling policies and procedures.
- Maintain the facility to company standards, including the building, equipment, parking lot, and grounds.
- Minimize location write-offs through accurate filing of third-party insurance claims and collection of past-due patient invoices.
- An AA or BA/BS degree is preferred.
- Must possess ABO Certification or obtain it within 12 months of hire.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous optical experience is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated success in working and managing within a retail office environment.
- Proven ability to effectively manage inventory control, sales controls, and staffing controls to maximize clinic profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales growth and proactively address changing industry trends.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficiency in utilizing automated equipment and systems standard in the optometry industry.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 115977