Why You’ll Love This Job
Job Title: Optician
Assists Optometrist in the sale and fitting of eyeglasses.
17 Ronnies Plaza
Saint Louis, MO 63129
Hours of Operations:
Monday and Thursday – 9am to 7pm
Tuesday and Wednesday – 9am to 5pm
Friday -9am to 3pm
Saturday and Sunday -CLOSED
Job Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Customer reception and service.
- Maintain patient records, schedule appointments, collect payments and filing.
- Obtain Insurance information and authorization, facilitate insurance billing and collection.
- Process and follow up on orders with laboratories.
- Maintain Inventory.
- Maintain cleanliness and overall style of dispensary.
- Identify patient’s eyewear needs and educate patient about eyewear options.
- Properly fit and adjust eyewear.
- Process In-Office Finishing
- Assist in the selection of fashionable eyewear.
- Promote eyewear, contact lens, and eye product sales.
- Participate in continuing education regarding products and sales.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – None
- High School diploma.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- General clerical and retail computer system skills.
- Sales and Optical dispensing skills.
- ABO certification (preferred but not required)
- Covid Vaccination
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS – This position reports to the Lead Optician first and then to the Manager.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 99401