We will train the right person and are looking for full time or part time Optician / Optical Sales members. At Eye Center of the Triad (VSECOT,) we are looking for the right person to join our team to help us deliver great care for our patients in Greensboro, NC. Come to a place where you can learn and advance both professionally and personally. Bring more to our patients and team members as our new Optician / Optical Sales team member!
We strive to practice under our core beliefs of:
- Differentiate or risk irrelevance: Continually looking for ways to set ourselves apart and above.
- Do the right thing: Character, Honesty, Ethics
- Help first: Willingness to assist our patients and each other.
- Teamwork. No selfishness
- Attention to excellence: Details matter, The Experience matters, Processes matter
If this resonates with you, we would love to talk with you about joining our team and helping you reach your goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Optician / Optical Sales job responsibilities include:
- Provides patient education regarding lens materials, products and designs
- Performs prescription analysis such as interpreting and transposing.
- Provides recommendations to patients regarding proper eyeglass frame selection.
- Designs complete eyewear product by incorporating frame design elements, lens materials and optics with patient’s prescription and lifestyle requirements.
- Performs eyeglass frame adjustments and repairs. Includes proper alignment of frame, comfortable fit, functional vision and instructions on proper wear and care of eyeglasses.
- Performs accurate measurements of lens power, pupillary distance, multifocal segment height, lens base curve, vertex distance, and prism power.
- Orders custom lens products from wholesale optical laboratories, monitors process, post charges and bill insurance when needed.
- Verifies lens prescriptions of ordered lenses and check for accuracy.
- Assists in wholesale purchasing of frames and other products for resale to patients.
- Assists in the return of authorized merchandise to manufacturers and prepare credit forms.
- Designs, arrange and maintain product displays.
- Organizes and maintain frame display area throughout the workday.
- Monitors product inventory levels.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and other materials necessary to properly run the department.
Optician / Optical Sales skills & qualifications include:
- Prior customer service or sales experience
- Fashion savvy and enjoy helping people in a customer setting
- Comfortable with sales and making transactions
- Works well in a team environment
- Training provided
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 89057