Why You’ll Love This Job
At VSECOT we are searching for the right person to join our team and help us deliver great care for our patients. Come to a place where you can learn and advance both professionally and personally. We strive to practice under our core beliefs of:
Differentiate or risk irrelevance: Continually looking for ways to set ourselves apart and above. Bring more to our patients and team members. This position is full time and will require assisting in both of our locations, Greensboro and Oak Ridge. No experience necessary, willing to train the right candidate..
Do the right thing : Character, Honesty, Ethics
Help first: Willingness to assist our patients and each other. Team Work. No selfishness
Attention to excellence: Details matter, The Experience matters, Processes matter
If this resonates with you we would love to talk with you about joining our team and helping you reach your goals.
Optometric Technician Job Duties:
Optometric technicians have a wide range of responsibilities, which can include:
- Administering vision tests to patients based on their medical history or other factors that may affect vision
- Performing basic tasks such as cleaning equipment, preparing examination rooms, and sterilizing equipment
- Preparing patients for exams by fitting them with contact lenses or other assistive devices.
- Performing examinations to test patients’ vision acuity, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and other visual abilities
- Maintaining patient records with information about their eye health history and current status
- Conducting diagnostic tests such as visual field tests or retinal photography to assess eye health or detect disease in patients with symptoms of vision problems
- Providing patients with information on eyeglass frames and lenses, as well as helping them choose frames that fit their face shape and style preferences
- Explaining treatment options to patients who need vision correction surgery or examinations for conditions such as glaucoma or cataracts
- Helping patients select frames, lenses, contact lenses, and other products for their vision needs
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 115387