Well-established optometry practice seeks someone with enthusiasm, a quest for perfection, and the ability to multitask! Is that you? If you have an interest in the healthcare industry, are a great communicator and enjoy helping others, you are the person we want to fill our Optometric Technician role!
As our Optometric Technician, you would be the backbone of customer service as you help patients weave their way through the ins and outs of insurance coverage and options, schedule appointments, and educate them on correct contact lens procedures. Record-keeping, invoicing and maintaining an accurate database also would fall under your direction.
If you want to join a well-established practice that equally values its patients and employees, and are ready take a step forward in your career, apply today for our Optometric Technician position!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Optometric Technician responsibilities include:
- Greet all patients and other guests
- Answer phones; keep an accurate patient database; schedule appointments
- Serve as a liaison between patients and insurance companies; help patients understand their insurance coverage
- Accurately invoice insurance companies and patients
- Complete and document appropriate pre-testing of visual acuity, eye movement, intraocular pressure (IOP), retinal photos, visual field and optical coherence tomography (OCT) in a complete and accurate manner
- Educate patients on proper contact lens procedures; order, stock and dispense contact lens supplies
- Process payment transactions using point of sale software; maintain accurate accounting records
- Handle customer service issues
Optometric Technician skills & qualifications include:
- AA or BA/BS preferred
- Prefer one to three years of prior optical experience
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to multitask
- Should be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Should be interested in healthcare
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Occasional in-city travel required
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30771