You will love working for an office that has been at top of its field in Marshalltown for over 70 years! We are family owned with a neighborly atmosphere. We truly care about our patients as well as our team members. The opportunities for growth and development are fantastic in a supportive culture.
In this position, your industry skills and efficiency will be greatly appreciated by your customers as you gently guide them through the process of optical testing to determine their visual abilities followed by helping them make important decisions about the various types of eyewear available to them and provide excellent patient eye care service. The emphasis of our practice is quality service for our patients because without them, we could not do what we do. This position would be great for a medical assistant that is eager to learn about eye care and looking to expand their skill set in a specialty area. You will be awarded with a weekday only hours, paid vacation time, and vision benefits.
This is the perfect place to be part of a fun, friendly team and advance your Optometric Technician career!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting up the EMR for the encounter, reviewing the case history, auto lensometry, entrance acuities, pupils, EOMs, refraction, IOP, and blood pressure
- Capture retinal photos, OCTs, visual fields
- Complete diagnostic testing
- Complete necessary documentation
- Provide assistance to the Optometrist during eye exams
- Maintain supplies and cleanliness of exam rooms
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Perform detailed work independently and with accuracy
- Flexible schedule to meet the demand of patients and clinical operations
- Willing to adapt to change and take on increased duties and responsibilities as needed
- Prior experience in an optical setting preferred but not required
- Experience with EMR and other software
- Basic Coding skills preferred not required
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 26954