Why You’ll Love This Job
We are a thriving Optometry practice in Worcester and Spencer.
- We are looking for a hard-working, people person, dedicated candidate to join our team.
- Experience is preferred but not necessary.
- We will train the right person.
- Must be able to multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Enjoying working with a team essential.
You will assist the Optometrist with patient care duties relating to pre-tests, recording patient history, and dispensing of eye care products. The position is for both locations of Spencer and Worcester.
This is the perfect place to be part of a fun, friendly team and grow your Optometric Technician career! Apply today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Optometric Technician job responsibilities include:
- Greeting patients and taking their ocular and medical histories.
- Auto refraction, visual fields, lensometry and tonometry
- Preliminary case history including current medical conditions
- Visual acuities, color vision, stereo, and drop instillation
- Special testing –Oculus, Dark Adaptation, Optomap and OCT scans
- Conducts routine equipment testing for instruments listed above
- Responsible for processing patient’s information through the EMR system
- Helps maintain the flow of patients into and out of the examination room areas in a timely matter
- Conducts inventory of supplies and stock examination rooms
- Verifies and maintains stock level and recommends disposal for all expired supply items
- Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all the equipment, dispensary, workstations and overall facility
- Ordering and dispensing contact lenses
- Instructing contact lens patients in proper insertion and removal techniques, as well as contact lens care.
- Cleaning exam rooms and various other duties that keep the clinic running smoothly.
- Working closely with the Optometrist to facilitate optimal patient care
- Working Saturdays required
- Working closely with other members of the team in coordinating patient care
Optometric Technician required skills & qualifications include:
- Experience in a professional setting a must
- The ability to connect well with patients
- Works well with a team
- Tech-savvy; typing capabilities
- Optometric Technician experience preferred
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 96076