Why You’ll Love This Job
This is the perfect place to begin or continue your career as an Optometrist. This office provides room to grow by functioning as a private practice while staying connected with a vast network of resources. Come learn from the best of the best and be a part of this great team!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Optometrist examines, diagnoses, treats, and manages diseases and disorders of the visual system, the eye and associate structures as well as diagnoses related systemic conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines eyes, using observation, instruments and pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual acuity and perception, focus and coordination and to diagnose diseases and other abnormalities such as glaucoma, diabetic or macular degeneration and dry eyes.
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state law permits.
- Prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids.
- Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan.
- Remove foreign bodies from eye.
- Consult with and refer patients to ophthalmologist.
- Provide patients undergoing eye surgeries, such as cataract, with pre- and post-operative care.
- Provide vision therapy and low vision rehabilitation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is someone who is considered by others as patient-focused, works well in a team environment, and displays positive energy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required: O.D. licensed to practice in your state.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 9679