Why You’ll Love This Job
Do you enjoy being a therapist who leverages their skills to deliver treatment and care to children and families in the Charlotte area? Are you committed to improving life-long outcomes of family and kids? Do you want continued development, cross-training, free certification opportunities and a flexible schedule? Then let’s connect!
As we continue to grow, we are looking for more therapists to join our Outpatient Mental Health teams serving the community from our beautiful Family Service Center offices. If you can commit your therapeutic skills and a desire to serve with excellence, we can commit continued education, subsidized supervision costs and the opportunity to grow within a myriad of programs!
As a leading trauma-informed provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas and Florida, we are always looking for incredible therapists to join one of our programs. While building a strong relationship with their client, our therapists also enjoy on-site training for CEUs, networking with leaders in the mental health service community and have the opportunity for career growth throughout our many programs.
We practice many of the traditional and established modalities, as well as several evidenced based practice models including:
- Outpatient Mental Health Services
- School Based Mental Health
- Family Centered Treatment
- Multi-systemic Therapy
- Intensive In-Home Therapist
- Child First
Whether you are a new graduate or established in the field, we’d like to connect with you! If you are interested in learning the newest, most effective ways to treat children and families, our leaders are committed to partnering with you to ensure you are equipped with the resources, education, and tools to deliver impact to those you serve.
Perks you’ll LOVE:
- Supervision reimbursement up to $200
- Individual development support from our Clinical Consultant, a seasoned licensed therapist experienced in various modalities and environments
- Opportunity to accumulate up to 100 hours a month towards full-licensure requirements
- Opportunity to learn proven Evidence Based Practices provided by Thompson
- Opportunity to work on a small, passionate team of clinicians who value collaboration, transparency, and quality service delivery.
We offer a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, and FSA/D-FSA)
- 401K Retirement options
- Ample Time Off – (between holidays and PTO like 21 days!)
- PTO specific for Volunteering in your community—because we believe what matters to you, matters to us!
- Career paths that reward self-development and commitment
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Self-care supports like EAP, Calm app subscriptions, & more
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Therapist’s primary purpose is to provide assessment, counseling, care coordination and facilitate effective therapeutic interventions on a foundation of a strong therapeutic relationship with their assigned clients. Performance will be measured by your individual outcomes, achieving your individual targets/goals, your contribution to your overall program team/department and your buy-in to the culture of the organization.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Display trauma informed practices and principles in your interactions with customers, with peers and with leadership
- Provide individual, group and family counseling adhering to the frequency, intensity and treatment modality indicated
- Ensure documentation meets all internal and external quality and regulatory standards
- When needed, represent the needs and recommendations of the client during internal and external stakeholder meetings
- Provide assessment, treatment planning and case management as needed for your clients
- Pursue and become credentialed in evidence-based best practices and adhere to those models when appropriate
- Meet or exceed productivity standards set within your department
- Working alongside fellow therapists, you are a contributor to the success of the team’s impact by being collaborative, owning your share and stewarding our team’s culture of excellence.
- Master’s Degree in Human Services related field is required.
- A minimum of 1 years of relevant professional experience
- Provisional or fully licensed to practice therapy in North Carolina
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite application software, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A valid NC driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required.
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #TCFFJOBS
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 99192