Why You’ll Love This Job
United Teletech Financial Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial co-op located in central New Jersey. Founded in 1967, UTF was originally chartered to serve the needs of Bell Lab employees but has since grown to serve all of Monmouth, Ocean, and parts of Middlesex county.
Becoming a member is simple, easy, and open to everyone who works, lives, volunteers, worships or goes to school in those three counties. We offer services that most financial services companies would offer, including checking, savings accounts, mortgages, credit cards, home equity loans, CD/IRAs and more.
As a member you are a part owner of our credit union. Most banks and financial institutions work to earn profits that go directly to the shareholders. As a not-for-profit, all the money earned by our institution goes right back into the credit union in the form of lower fees, better loan rates, and superior benefits.
Our mission is to help our members achieve success. From our team of knowledgeable and experienced Mortgage officers to our certified financial counselors at every branch location our team is ready to help you reach your dreams. Over the past 50 years plus, we have helped thousands of families buy a home, save for retirement, get rid of debt, and improve their credit score.
Our commitment to teamwork, respect and service have earned us the opportunity to be awarded the certification of A Great Place To Work.
Outside Mortgage Loan Officer
Under the direction of the Mortgage Sales Lead, establish and develop effective outside business relationships with real estate agents, attorneys, title companies, financial planners, and accountants as referral sources for first mortgage transactions in the credit union’s footprint. This will be accomplished by providing outstanding mortgage lending expertise and follow-through.
Remote but must be available to travel to 4 different locations
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to sales Code of Ethics.
- Consult with new and existing outside business referral sources.
- Deliver sales plan results and achieve market plan objectives.
- Assist in the development of Outside Sales marketing plans.
- Contribute to a culture of teamwork and open communication, including offering assistance and/or participation in training or joint calls with all other internal and external staff.
- Attend and participate in potential networking opportunities as directed. Participate in community efforts to promote home ownership.
- Ensure that the company’s mortgage services are effectively delivered to new members.
- Consistently achieve or exceed performance goals.
- Comply with established corporate and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Present approved mortgage options and lock in rates upon written acceptance of terms.
- Manage a pipeline of leads, applications, rate locks, and loans scheduled to be funded.
- Conduct educational seminars.
- Identify appropriate cross-sales opportunities for credit union products to appropriate departments.
- Develop and maintain a book of business with outside realtors, attorneys, and title companies.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of all credit union products and services as well as industry trends and benchmarks, and products and services offered by the competition.
- Regularly rehearse sales and loan skills during practice and coaching sessions.
- Work cooperatively with the Operations department to ensure that high levels of customer service are being attained and review new procedures and products in order that they be effectively implemented
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Complete mortgage loan applications, as follows:
- Conduct loan interviews and complete residential loan applications for First Mortgages that meet secondary market mortgage conforming guidelines
- Order mortgage credit reports to determine credit worthiness of applicants based on
- industry standards and the credit union’s loan policy, and collect any required fees
- Calculate and clearly communicate loan estimates consistent with regulatory
**Duties and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of management**
- Minimum of two years of experience in a mortgage sales position.
- Experience with FHA/VA programs, helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Motivated to exceed goals in a customer needs-based sales culture.
- Must be professional in appearance, upbeat, energetic, dependable, take initiative, and take pride in work.
- Strong commitment to provide excellent customer service with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates excellent phone rapport.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistently works well with others in support of departmental and organizational goals, and member needs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to overcome member objections.
- Provides an exceptional member experience at every point of contact.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and solid time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, online chat, internet research, and various
- other online applications.
- Proficiency in use of member contact software.
- Proficiency in use of various mortgage origination software modules
- Ability to compose a professional business letter or email.
- Consistently and quickly delivers high quality work.
- Working knowledge of “money and banking” concepts.
- Proficient in use of sales processes and relationship building techniques.
- Ability to work at any UTFCU branches as needed. Working knowledge of all agency guidelines to include but not limited to Fannie
- Mae, Freddie Mac, Non Conforming, FHA and VA and/or other investors.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws/regulatory requirements as related to functional areas including TRID, Reg B, Reg Z, RESPA, HOEPA, and Bank Secrecy Act.
- Ability to work various hours based on business needs, including Saturdays and some evenings.
- Create an amicable relationship with real estate agents.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 37792