Why You’ll Love This Job
The Pantry Cook will contribute to the day-to-day operations of the hotel’s kitchen, which includes preparing pantry products for various food outlets such as the restaurant, bar, pool facility, and banquet operations. Join a great team and help us maintain our high standards of excellence.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares sufficient quantities of pantry products in accordance with production plan or forecast needs such as salads, appetizers, sandwich filling and other cold dishes.
- Wraps, dates, and rotates food items.
- Utilizes whole food products eliminating any waste.
- Maintains overall cleanliness and sanitation standards in assigned areas.
- Alerts chef or supervisor of any equipment breakdowns, food overages, or shortages in a timely manner
- Requisitions inventory and receive supplies as necessary for daily production.
- Ensures proper storage of food items.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Prior experience with high-volume restaurant/banquet food prep is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including opening and closing, as well as weekends and holidays.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The position requires mobility. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, kneel, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- May be required to climb step stools and ladders of varying heights
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the employee’s department leadership. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the hotel, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each employee remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 107161