Why You’ll Love This Job
At Creating Brighter Futures, we provide center-based Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy services for children who have been diagnosed with autism or other developmental disorders, ages
2-18 years old. Our goal is to provide the skills, teaching environments, and learning opportunities necessary to improve the quality of life for each of our clients in a center-based setting. Each child
will receive the best individualized, evidence-based treatments available. All treatment will be administered by well-trained behavioral technicians and supervised by an experienced Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include:
- Behavior Technicians will provide one-on-one and group ABA therapy as defined within the treatment plan.
- Implementing behavior plans
- Behavior Technicians will primarily work in conjunction with the Board Certified
- Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to decrease problem behaviors and increase skill acquisition with children with ASD and other developmental disabilities.
- Behavior Technicians will be required to monitor the child’s skill acquisition progress and evaluate the implementation of behavior intervention plans
- Behavior Technicians will be required to maintain and protect the well-being of all clients as well as maintain client confidentiality.
- Actively participates in improving the quality of the program and center
- Makes and maintains materials for instructional and treatment programs
- Accurately records data (both digital and paper) for behavior reduction and skill acquisition programing
- Assists in problem solving for programing
- Attends all supervision and team meetings
- Effectively implements crisis and physical intervention procedures
- Implements daily hygiene and toileting programs for clients if appropriate
- Communicates appropriately with parents in person and in writing
- Professional Development and Training:
- Attends all staff trainings
- Actively participate in initial and follow-up training in applied behavior analysis
- methodology and crisis management
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certification
- Candidates must be enthusiastic and enjoy working with children who have developmental disabilities. On the job training is provided. Opportunities for professional growth are available.
- Previous experience working with children in a professional setting
- Candidates are required to successfully complete Registered Behavior Technician online module training
- Encouraged to complete all requirements to pursue a Registered Behavior Technician certification
- Clear Criminal Background Check
- Provide a minimum of two (2) professional references
- Knowledge of typical child development (developmental milestones and social/emotional development)
- Able to sit and stand frequently and shift positions quickly
- Able to do the following for extended periods of time:
- Sit/kneel on floor
- Sit in a chair
- Pass Safety Care QBS Crisis Management Training and safely apply all crisis management procedures with adolescents when necessary.
- Currently pursuing a BA or MA degree, or already possess a BA degree, in Psychology, Special Education, or other related field with an emphasis in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Skilled in social skill development
- Knowledge and experiences with assistive technology
- Pursing BCBA or BCaBA
- Knowledge of behavioral principles and instructional strategies based on behavior analysis
- Experience implementing ABA therapy
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 122278