Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you ready to get on board with an innovative, forward-thinking company that offers unique healthcare to the surrounding community? If so, say yes to this top-shelf Part Time Patient Access Advocate / Front Office position!
Here, you will be an active part of an exciting and knowledgeable team of professionals who work together toward success while providing both emergency room and urgent care services within one facility. As the Patient Access Advocate, you can take part in a new, visionary way of administering healthcare, picking up useful knowledge along the way that will further your career. For your role in assisting appreciative patients, you also will receive competitive pay and benefits.
The Part Time Patient Access Advocate / Front Office is responsible for greeting patients with a smile, answering the phone, entering information into the electronic health record, data base, and general clerical duties. In this position it is imperative you are able to consistently maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor and make patients always feel welcome. In this position, you will perform registration functions, including updating of demographics, insurance verification, collection of point of service payments and documentation of registration information within an electronic system.
The Patient Access Advocate / Front Office position opening is the perfect way to propel your career into the future. Apply today! *Part Time Night Shift – Weekend Availability may be Required!*
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Patient Access Advocate / Front Office Job Responsibilities
· Greet patients in a friendly, courteous and professional manner in both in person and over the phone.
· Check patients in and out.
· Perform visit closure activities to include collecting payment, and any follow up activities that may be necessary for patient care.
· Verify insurance for eligibility and benefits using online electronic verification system or by contacting payer directly. Collect copayments, coinsurance, deductibles.
· Assist staff and patients with clerical duties as needed, including: copying, scanning and faxing documents.
· Answer and screen phone calls and direct to the appropriate individual. Take and direct messages as necessary.
· Assure a clean work environment. This may include duties often reserved for housekeeping services such as emptying trash, vacuuming, mopping floors and cleaning counters.
· Provide patients and their families with a customer focused, friendly reassuring open environment that encourages patients to return to our ED/UCs.
· Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures.
Patient Access Advocate / Front Office Skills and Qualifications
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· A minimum of 6 months of work experiences in healthcare setting or one year customer service background.
· Basic understanding of insurance preferred.
· Basic understanding of medical terminology and billing codes preferred.
· Exceptional communication skills and customer service is required.
· Ability to effectively present information to patients and other employees in the organization.
· Ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
· Ability to work independently, self-directed and work with individuals with diverse background.
· Analytical and problem solving skills.
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 97695