This is not your typical Patient Access Associate position!
At Premier ER & Urgent Care, you will join a close-knit team of professionals who offer a new approach to healthcare by providing urgent care and emergency services under one roof. This is a great opportunity to establish yourself with a ground-breaking, visionary company where you can take your Patient Access Associate career to new heights. Gain new perspectives as you acquire additional skill sets that will carry you far in your career and be entrusted to make critical decisions that require your valuable problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in joining a creative company that is setting a high bar for the way urgent care is approached, you are on the right track! Apply for our Patient Access Associate opening today!
**PRN Role; $16.00 per hour with a $2.50 shift difference for the night shift**
Patient Access Associate job responsibilities include:
- Welcomes and greets all patients in person or over the phone
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette
- Responsible for maintaining patient waiting areas, office files, and front-desk areas in a manner that is clean and organized
- Registers patients and updates existing demographic information with a high rate of accuracy
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the clinical staff of patients’ arrivals, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff
- Responds to patients, prospective patients, and visitor inquiries in a courteous manner
- Keeps office supplies adequately stocked and notifies the manager of any inventory needs
- Protects patient confidentiality by making sure Protected Health Information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended. This includes not sharing passwords or personal information with coworkers
- Displays professionalism, tact, respect, and team effort when working with coworkers, and the public
- Maintains communication with patients, family, providers, nurses, and support staff
- Informs patients of any existing balance noted in the computer and request patients be prepared for any payment due at the time of service as per company guidelines
- Collects copays and payments as necessary as per company guidelines
Patient Access Associate Skills and qualifications:
- Possesses ability to manage difficult patient situations
- Respond promptly to patient needs
- Respond to request for service and assistance
- Customer/client focus, flexibility, self-motivation, proficiency with general office equipment (phone, fax, copiers, computers), Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), telephone etiquette, organization, time management; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values
The physical demands below are typical of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be available for individuals with disabilities.
- Employee is regularly required to hear and speak; is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, bend or twist at the waist, lift and move more than 10 pounds.
- Employee is occasionally required to lift and move objects up to 25lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Required to constantly make decisions and concentrate.
- Ability to work with and around potentially hazardous materials and diseases.
- Ability to work extended hours.
Job ID: 113885