Why You’ll Love This Job
Brand New ER and Urgent Care facility – Honor Health Complete Care Emergency Center Urgent Care – in partnership with Intuitive Health is being built in Surprise at 16575 W Waddell Rd, Surprise, AZ 85388 to open this spring!
The Patient Access Team Lead displays leadership skills to lead a wide range of duties in support of Patient Access Team efficiencies which may include but not limited to; driving team performance accountability, lead patent access team daily operations, collaborates with others in process and operational excellence.
This role is responsible for providing feedback on daily registration processes and staffing issues to leadership. They provide assistance to Patient Access team as necessary to ensure compliance with department policies and procedures. They assist leadership as necessary with staffing, report reconciliation, and other duties as assigned.
In this position, it is imperative to be able to consistently maintain a pleasant, professional demeanor and make patients and employees always feel welcome. Ability to multi-task is a must
. *Weekend Availability Required!
- Model patient experience expectations and ensure team is adhering to the patient experience expectations.
- Driving Patient Access Metrics (Callbacks, Bedside, NPS, RQA, etc.)
- Maintain an appropriate Patient Access environment that is friendly and respectful.
- Expertise knowledge of and ability to perform Patient Access duties: verifying benefits, check patients in and out and collect copayments, coinsurance, deductibles.
- Create and maintain the Patient Access Schedule for assigned location.
- Covers voids or when coverage is not located
- Train and mentor new Patient Access staff.
- Assist leader in interviewing candidates
- Prepare appropriate access for new hires
- Complete first 90-day review for new hires
- Implement Patient Access Policies and Procedures with input from Leadership.
- Daily Reconciliation of Cash intake, Credit Card Receipts, Patient Petty Cash, and Bank Deposits.
- Daily Reconciliation of ED Acknowledgment Forms
- Conduct Quarterly Patient Access Staff Meetings
- Assigned to work all Downtimes
- Maintains Downtime Binder
- Reconciles and backloads all patient info
- Ensures staff is trained in this process
- Ensure adherence to all laws and regulations regarding employment, affirmative action, safety and drugs
- Ensure that patient records are accurate and complete.
- Responsible for assigned WQs for their designated location.
- Assist leader to ensure all personnel department policies and procedures are followed.
- Provide patients and their families with a customer focused, friendly reassuring open environment that encourages patients to return.
- Assist in resolving patient concerns. Addresses and attempts to appropriately resolve complaints in the moment by using key words at key times and de-escalation techniques.
- Ability to manage conflict and appropriately request the help of a leader when needed.
- Coordinate workflow processes with hospital partner as needed.
- Follow all HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Follow and enforce all company policies.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 2-4-year college degree in Business, Accounting, Medical Administration or related area preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in medical office setting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in supervisory or lead role preferred
- Familiar with health insurance and the insurance verification process.
- Patient Registration/Medical record system experience needed.
- Must be computer literate (Word, Excel Outlook)
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and to prioritize multiple demands effectively
- Exceptional communication skills and customer service is required
- Solid work history
- Be flexible with hours, as staffing of 24/7 units may require flexibility
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 104854