Why You’ll Love This Job
The Customer Service Representative serves as the primary welcoming position for clinic patients and inbound/outbound call management. They are responsible for timely and professional communication with all callers and in-clinic patients. Provides accurate information regarding services, appointments, and our facilities. Delivers excellent customer service. Escalates calls to the appropriate department as needed based on patients/callers’ interaction.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Manages inbound and outbound calls for the entire agency, routing calls to the appropriate department or staff member or voicemail.
- Checks in patients, verifies patient demographics and insurance, updates forms and consents, and controls the collection and reporting of co-payments.
- Collects required documentation for healthcare services provided.
- Scans documents into patient portal or chart
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail and faxes/correspondence.
- Manages patient portal messages.
- Schedules appointments
- Verifies patient demographic and insurance benefits.
- Responds to internet inquiries.
- Places outbound calls to patients for payment collection
- Maintains outgoing voicemail messages for scheduled closings.
- Maintains and manages inventory of office/breakroom supplies and organizes supply/breakroom ensuring adequate supplies assessable to staff.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and procedures or methods, and makes recommendations to supervisor to improve effectiveness, productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction that support the overall goals of the Agency.
- Work location assignment and job duties subject to change as needed to provide adequate front desk and phone line coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and high level of professionalism.
- Must have strong sense of professional boundaries and communication skills.
- Must be experienced with Excel, Word, and Outlook and data entry.
- Must be experienced with electronic medical records.
- Must be able to handle multiple, ongoing tasks with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to coordinate effectively between multiple departments.
- Must be able to work with all types of people.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of high school diploma or G. E. D.
- Must have 2 years’ experience in medical facility.
- Bilingual of English and Spanish preferred.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 115030