Only dedicated and energetic professionals interested in a healthcare career need apply! Is that you? If you are a people person, highly organized and know the importance of placing an emphasis on great customer service, you are the ideal person to fill our Patient Service Representative role!
As Patient Service Representative, you will never be bored as you carry out such tasks as operating a multi-line phone system, acting as a liaison between patients and insurance companies, assisting patients with customer service issues and insurance questions, and more.
If you want to join a well-established practice that equally values its patients and employees, and are ready to take a step forward in your career, apply today for our Patient Service Representative position!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Patient Service Representative job responsibilities include:
- Greet all patients and other guests
- Answer phones; keep an accurate patient database; schedule appointments
- Serve as a liaison between patients and insurance companies
- Help patients understand their insurance coverage
- Accurately invoice insurance companies and patients
- Process payment transactions using point of sale software
- Speak to customer service issues
- Maintain accurate accounting records
Patient Service Representative required skills & qualifications include:
- AA or BA/BS preferred
- Prefer one to three years of prior optical experience
- Must be adaptable and flexible, and able to multitask
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Should be interested in healthcare
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Occasional in-city travel required
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 26203