Sellwood Medical Clinic is a privately-owned medical facility headquartered in the heart of the Sellwood neighborhood. The Clinic was founded by Dr. Brodeur in January of 2003 with a staff of 7, and a dedicated following of patients. The original team had the vision to create a professional environment without an institutional feel; they wanted their patients and staff to feel at home. That vision is the cornerstone of our clinic, and it has proven to be successful. Sellwood Medical Clinic added Pediatrics in April, 2007, and over the past twenty years has grown to four locations.
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental Insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Assesses patient status by obtaining health history through patient/family interviews and chart reviews; assesses presenting illness, risk factors, family history, psychosocial situation, and cultural factors; and performs an appropriate physical examination.
2. Orders/perform appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests.
3. Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with physicians and other clinicians, for evaluation of illness. Integrates data to determine a diagnosis and therapeutic plan, including identification of any health risks.
4. Develops and implements treatment plans by prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance with medical practice guidelines and state laws. Handles minor lacerations. Instruct patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health promotion/illness prevention.
5. Recommends appropriate community resources to meet patient/family needs.
6. Communicates appropriate case management information to other professionals and community agencies.
7. Prepares documentation for medical records including updating patient medical charts by posting examination and test results, diagnosis, medications, and treatment in a written/computerized manner.
8. Participates in chart reviews, staff education, clinical guideline development, and other continuing education and quality assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with standards, regulations, policies, and procedures.
9. Complies with patient confidentiality requirements. Promotes patient advocacy.
10. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
11. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between visits according to treatment plan including triaging patient calls/e-mails.
Education: BSN required; MSN preferred. Successful completion of advanced practitioner training and certification as a practitioner from an approved nurse practitioner program.
Experience: Minimum three years of professional nursing experience in a clinic setting, plus two years of pediatric nurse practitioner experience.
Other Requirements: Current state registered nurse license. Current state license as an advanced registered nurse practitioner with prescriptive authority. Current CPR certification.
1. Knowledge of advanced practice of nursing including anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology and therapeutics, basic nutrition, behavioral factors, psychosocial/family systems, diagnostic testing, interpretation of results and clinical decision making, and alternative treatment modalities.
2. Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and regulations related to evaluating and providing patient care, and professional ethics related to the delivery of nursing care.
3. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments used to administer patient care.
4. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish/maintain a safe work environment.
5. Knowledge of health promotion, health risk identification, and patient education principles and techniques.
6. Knowledge of community, professional, and educational resources.
1. Skill in oral and written communication including interviewing to gather medical histories, providing presentations, consultations, facilitation, and documentation, e.g., writing medical orders, patient education materials, and medical record updates. May require skill in using computerized health information management systems.
2. Skill in case management, time management, problem-solving, crisis intervention, multitasking, and other organizational matters.
3. Skill in modifying methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide appropriate nursing care and in initiating appropriate emergency response and investigatory procedures.
1. Ability to analyze complex data and draw conclusions.
2. Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
3. Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, clinical staff, and the public.
Equipment Operated: Standard medical examination room equipment and instruments and computer/health information management system.
Work Environment: Combination of exam rooms and medical offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally requires lifting and carrying items weighing up to 10 pounds. Requires correct vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stress in emergency situations and occasionally may involve irregular working
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 101774