Why You’ll Love This Job
Why You’ll Love This Certified Recovery Advisor Job
Do you have passion for meeting people where they are and supporting them on their road to recovery? Do you have a passion for coming alongside and supporting people? Want to use your personal experience to make a difference in the lives of those struggling with substance abuse? Join the Aware Recovery Care team today in this Per Diem Peer Recovery Specialist / Certified Recovery Advisor job in our New Haven, CT location.
A CRA is an exclusive position available within Aware Recovery Care. CRAs are a part of a multidisciplinary Addiction Care team guiding and directing clients through an intensive In-Home Addiction Treatment program which provides services for up to a full year. The CRA serves as a personal guide in helping clients to identify and develop the skills and daily habits that are necessary to achieve sustained, long-term recovery and other subjective goals.
At Aware Recovery Care, you will give clients the tools to navigate their daily lives and help them on their own unique path to recovery. Start a career where you look forward coming to work and get the opportunity to create lasting relationships with a team that shares your passion for making a difference.
Use your experience and compassionate nature to build a career you are excited about and apply for our Per Diem Peer Recovery Specialist / Certified Recovery Advisor job today!
*We are looking for a per diem employee.
The hourly rate is $20-$22 / hour.
This role is hourly and non-exempt.
Evenings until 6 p.m. and some weekend availability may be required.
Employees are also eligible for Mileage Reimbursement!
Coverage: Health, vision and dental through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, FSA, HSA that comes with an employer match, along with STD, LTD, life insurance, EAP, and more.
Balance: Competitive front loaded Paid Time Off (PTO) plan, 8 paid Holidays, 1 paid floating Holiday of your choice, and 1 day off for your birthday.
Development: Certification/continuing education eligibility, leadership development and 1 paid day off a year to go towards personal professional development.
Retirement: 401(k) retirement plan with 50% employer match up to 4%
Culture: Great Place to Work certified #GPTW, dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion, and a growing working environment.
*In order to be eligible for our full benefits package you must be employed full time at a minimum of 32 hours a week*
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company!
**Aware Recovery Care is an equal opportunity employer**
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Certified Recovery Advisor Job Responsibilities
- Deliver ARC’s 52-week In-Home Addiction Treatment (IHAT) program within the client’s home environment.
- Driving to and meeting clients in their home environment. Transporting clients to ARC-related appointments as fit and necessary.
- Collaborate with the Addiction Treatment team to coordinate customized client care.
- Manage a caseload of clients and subsequent scheduling of appointments.
- Offer support through the therapeutic connection including both face-to-face appointments and telephonically as necessary.
- Submit timely clinical documentation in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Meet the client “where they are”.
- Work across departments responsible for holistic client support.
- Offer personal experience in hopes of providing further guidance through early and continued recovery.
- Participation in Case Review, supervision, and continuing education.
- Mentoring/Shadowing new employees
- Must be open/flexible to working nights and weekends, if required
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Certified Recovery Advisor Job Qualifications
- 2 years of lived continuous recovery experience from any Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and/or personal experience with addiction in family members or loved ones preferred.
- The following certifications are a plus: Certified Addiction Counselor (CAC), Drug and Alcohol Recovery Counselor (DARC), Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (CPRS) and/or any other applicable trainings/certifications related to addiction treatment.
- Proof of auto insurance is required.
- HS diploma or GED required
*No Phone Calls Please
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 113982