Why You’ll Love This Job
Vaccination required for this position!!!
Are you a Pharmacy Technician looking to advance your career skills to the 21st century? Then MediTelecare, the leading telehealth company providing behavioral healthcare services to rural skilled and assisted living facilities via its telehealth technology, is looking for you. We are currently growing and looking for highly motivated and dependable medical assistants to join our team!
The Pharmacy Technician functions as a Telehealth Facilitator to support and manage virtual clinical visits between the patient and clinician. You will be on-site in skilled nursing facilities, use state-of-the-art tele-medicine technologies to manage real-time tele-health appointments between patients and our world-class clinicians, coordinate patient education activities, handle technical and scheduling activities and other program support duties as assigned at the facility.
Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities
- Provides patient education related to telehealth care processes and behavioral health care.
- Completes and initiates appropriate clinical reminders, consults, and alerts.
- Utilizes EHR to document all clinical observations/information/patient education.
- Schedules, confirms, coordinates and provides technical support for telehealth services.
- Reviews planned telehealth encounters to ensure appropriate resources are available (i.e. video conferencing) and appropriate mode and circumstance for telehealth modalities have been ordered based on patient’s needs.
- Prepares the telehealth patient room including equipment for clinical encounter, training, education, access, and establishing the online, video conferencing or other connections.
- Provides “hands-on” assistance to the provider and patient as part of the encounter, training or interaction as needed.
- Serves as a liaison and coordinates information between providers and facilities, patients and other key personnel.
- Initiates any indicated follow-up services based upon findings of providers and communicates need for follow-up to the patient.
- Interacts and communicates appropriately with patients and family members.
- Possesses knowledge of and complies with proper handling and cleaning of reusable medical equipment.
- Maintains patient confidentiality (electronic, written and/or verbal).
- BHI (Behavioral Health Integration) involves clinical data entry. Employees are assigned a set amount of patients per month to complete this data entry – this involves obtaining patient information from the facility’s EHR system and entering it into a special form on our internal EHR system.
- Employees are assigned patients based on their clinic schedules in order to fill in any down time outside of clinics. Employees are expected to complete all assigned patients for the month following their weekly schedules.
Pharmacy Technician Qualifications
- Certification as a Pharmacy Technician
- Knowledge of specialized terminology associated with specialty areas/clinics as assigned.
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with patients, families, facility staff and colleagues.
- Knowledge of computer and computer programs including MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook and MS-PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel to outlying facilities and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Vaccination is required for this position
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 50139