Why You’ll Love This Job
Accelerate your career within a fast-paced, innovative environment when you join the FYZICAL team as our Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)! Full and Part-time positions available.
Here, you will have access to the latest in cutting-edge technology as you work side-by-side with expert PTs, giving you a unique front-row seat to learning opportunities at the world’s fastest-growing healthcare franchise. In this Physical Therapist Assistant position, make a lasting impact as you take an active role in helping appreciative patients progress and reach their recovery goals with the backing of an outstanding, supportive staff. This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting company that is setting a new high bar in the physical therapy field. As part of the FYZICAL family, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits.
It’s time to be excited about your future! Apply for FYZICAL’s Physical Therapist Assistant job opening today! Be part of something unique and exciting as you build a successful career with a multi-disciplinary team and forward-thinking company.
Physical Therapist Assistants at FYZICAL provide direct physical therapy services as part of a multidisciplinary team and serves patients at our three locations in East Lansing, Dewitt and Lansing. The PTA demonstrates competency in treatment to infants, children, adolescents and adults with physical, sensory, or cognitive problems. Provides clinical care activities utilizing evidenced-based practice. Able to understand, document, and react effectively to the age specific needs unique to assigned patients.
If being on the leading edge of an industry you love is your goal, apply today for our Physical Therapist Assistant job opening! Compensation is competitive and negotiable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help the Physical Therapist in all aspects of patient care
- Provide care as part of a multidisciplinary team including SLP and OT
- Under the guidance of the PT, perform therapy techniques/exercises and provide clinical care activities utilizing evidenced-based practice
- Measure and track patient progress, informing PT of all changes
- Provide patients with needed continued care information
- Assist the Physical Therapist in patient handling, treatment, and management
- Carry out techniques and exercises prescribed by Physical Therapist
- Keep Physical Therapist up-to-date on changes in patient progress
- Help measure and track intervention effectiveness
- Understand, document, and react effectively to the age-specific needs unique to assigned patients
- Ensure clients are properly trained on safely using home and work equipment
- Provide guidance to any outside client parents, families and caregivers on ways they can assist
- Assist clients with ways to properly and safely carry out day-to-day activities
- Help patients better perform activities of daily living
- Demonstrate respect for patients, parents, center staff, and members of the community
- Demonstrate a record of initiative, self-direction, program development, organization, and independence
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program
- Up-to-date Physical Therapist Assistant license in the state of Michigan
- At least 1+ year(s) experience with pediatric experience
- Prefer at least one year working in outpatient neurological or orthopedic center, or previous vestibular rehab experience
- Able to implement and progress a skilled treatment plan in an outpatient pediatric, orthopedic, neurologic, balance/vestibular rehabilitationsetting
- Ability to work efficiently/effectively in an autonomous environment
- Must be passionate about helping patients who have vestibular, balance, neurological, and fall risk issues
- Must be self-motivated with a willingness to learn
- Competency with treatments for infants, children, adolescents and adults with physical, sensory, neurological or cognitive problems
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal, time management, documentation, and communication skills
- Ability to meet the physical demands of a practicing pediatric therapist including: stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling
- Must be willing to see patients at any of our three locations
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 114728