Why You’ll Love This Job
Find your perfect career fit with FYZICAL, an innovative company that is committed to your growth and success, when you join our team as our newest Physical Therapist! Full and part-time positions available.
Feel secure knowing you are backed by a supportive practice leader who has chosen you to be part of an elite group of professionals capable of achieving next-level results. Enjoy the easy flow of a team that comes together to learn what works best for the practice and the community and uses state-of-the-art technology to put those plans into action.
As a Physical Therapist with us, you will provide skilled evaluation and treatment for children and adults to help them achieve independent and functional skills. Plus, as part of the FYZICAL family, you can take advantage of advancement opportunities and grow your career under a practice leader who is fully invested in you.
Physical Therapists at FYZICAL provide direct PT therapy services as part of a multidisciplinary team and serves patients at our three locations in East Lansing, Dewitt and Lansing. The PT demonstrates competency in screening, evaluation, planning, and habilitative/rehabilitative treatment to infants, children, adolescents and adults with physical, sensory, neurologic or cognitive problems. Provides clinical care activities utilizing evidenced-based practice. Able to understand, document, and react effectively to the age specific needs unique to assigned patients.
Full-time employees are eligible for the company’s benefit package including PTO, paid holidays, medical benefits, 401K and continuing education. Compensation is competitive and negotiable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct physical therapy services as part of a multidisciplinary team including SLP and OT
- Screening, evaluation, planning, and habilitative/rehabilitative treatment to infants, children, adolescents and adults with physical, sensory, neurologic or cognitive problems
- Create individualized treatment plans based on client assessment
- Provide clinical care activities utilizing evidenced-based practice
- Understand, document, and react effectively to the age-specific needs unique to assigned patients
- Make recommendations for advancement based on home/job evaluations
- Ensure clients are properly trained on safely using home and work equipment
- Provide guidance to any outside client parents, families and caregivers on ways they can assist
- Assist clients with ways to properly and safely carry out day-to-day activities
- Customized one-on-one treatment programs to improve patient’s functional abilities and mobility
- Educate patients on how to properly use home and work equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Help patients better perform activities of daily living
- Demonstrate respect for patients, parents, center staff, and members of the community
- Demonstrate a record of initiative, self-direction, program development, organization, and independence
- Graduation from an accredited PT program and current PT license in MI
- Able to create, implement and progress a skilled treatment plan in an outpatient pediatric, orthopedic, neurologic, balance/vestibular rehabilitation setting
- Ability to work efficiently/effectively in an autonomous environment
- Must be passionate about helping patients who have vestibular, balance, neurological, and fall risk issues
- Must be self-motivated with a willingness to learn
- Prefer at least one year working in outpatient neurological or orthopedic center, or previous vestibular rehab or pediatric experience
- Must be willing to see patients at any of our three locations
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 114254