Why You’ll Love This Job
The physician provides quality management of Primary Care services along with HIV/AIDS management within his/her specialty area. The physician performs a wide variety of medical procedures including screening, physical exams, specific history, assessments and diagnoses. Uses written protocols efficiently, identifies quality care issues, and initiates problem solving and innovation. Records health history, findings, treatments, and recommendations accurately, clearly and consistently.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs screening, physical exams, specific histories, assessments and diagnoses. Uses written protocols efficiently, identities quality care issues, and initiates problem solving and innovation. Records health history, findings, treatments, and recommendations accurately, clearly and consistently.
- Educates and acts as a resource for Primary Care along with HIV/AIDS patient/family for proper self-management, follow-up, and compliance with established treatment in order to develop and maintain long-term relationships with patients/families as a Primary Care Physician and HIV/AIDS specialist. Maintains a positive working relationship with management, vendors, other hospitals, employees, patients, and patient’s families to ensure effective departmental operations and patient centered/patient valued health care services.
- Provides input developing, monitoring and revising annual goals and objectives for the health center that supports the goals, objectives, standards, and the mission of Prism Health North Texas.
- Provides input with the selection, training, motivation, supervision, and evaluation of clinical staff to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities, while providing optimal service to internal and external customers.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field of Primary care and HIV/AIDS medicine by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and maintaining licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Displays collaborative practice and acts as a consultant for mid-level practitioners and nurses for clinical management.
- Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes, work flows for the health center. Modifies approach, communication and interaction to take into account sensory impairments and specific needs of all customers. Provides services to clients in culturally and linguistically competent fashion. Recommends appropriate changes to improve effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency that support the objectives, standards and overall goals of Prism Health North Texas.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact Primary Care and HIV/AIDS medicine. Develops effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of accreditation agencies and federal, state and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as necessary to ensure proper understanding.
- Participates in research and special projects when applicable, in order to promote Peabody and Trinity clinics as a medical provider and leader in the field of HIV/AIDS medicine.
- May provide input for annual budgets that ensure clinical operations have the necessary funds to carry out the goals and objectives that have been established for Primary Care and HIV/AIDS care and the center.
- The physician will attend regular staff meetings and may serve on various committees as assigned. May participate in clinical research as directed. May assist with special projects as assigned.
- Participates in CQI projects. Identifies and analyzes the design of jobs, work processes and flows for the department. Suggests or implements appropriate changes to improve work effectiveness, productivity and efficiency that support the overall goals of the clinic.
- Completes necessary paperwork for private insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid eligibility as instructed by the Medical Director in a timely manner.
The physician position requires a current licensed physician for the State of Texas. Must be board-certified or board-eligible in Family Medicine or Internal medicine or Infectious Diseases. The physician candidate must have sufficient annual Continuing Medical Education in the field of Primary Care along with and interest in HIV/AIDS to assure the standard of HIV/AIDS in a Primary Care Practice. The physician position requires a high level of initiative and the ability to coordinate all aspects of the medical care within the specialty area provided to the patient. This position may require creative problem solving and skills in crisis management. Must be proficient at all areas of Primary Care and also with strong interest in HIV/AIDS management, and sexually transmitted infections. Prefer physician that are Certified HIV Specialist or will to complete the Certified HIV Specialist Exam in the 1st year of employment.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 114695