Why You’ll Love This Job
The main responsibilities of Process Engineer will be to provide day to day plant support, identify and implement projects for process improvement, conduct capacity and debottlenecking studies and provide technical support to the Gaston, SC site manufacturing operation.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate for the Process Engineer role will be results driven, motivated by technical challenges and has excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills. The main responsibilities of this position will be to provide day to day plant support, identify and implement projects for process improvement, conduct capacity and debottlenecking studies and provide technical support to the Gaston, SC site manufacturing operation. The Process Engineer will work closely with Technical, Business, and Engineering personnel to accomplish the aforementioned items.
The selected candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Provide engineering support to day-to-day plant operations
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and operations group
- Provide project management and technical support for capital projects
- Evaluate process and production applications, recommend and implement improvements to existing products, equipment, or processes
- Interact with support groups to develop and implement solutions to complex product, process, and equipment problems
- Assist in check out and start-up on new processes and equipment
- Participate in development team for new product design
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Chemical Engineering
- 1+ years’ internship or Co-Op experience required
- 2-5 years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing facility preferred
- Ability to read, understand, and update P&ID’s
- Experience with simulation software such as Aspen or ChemCad is a plus
- Working knowledge of process control systems in a DCS environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to solve complex problems and innovate
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to successfully work independently and also as a member of a cross-functional team
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and delivering results
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management preferred
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 113717