Why You’ll Love This Job
Primarily responsible to provide excellent support to the Plant Manager and excellent customer service to all associates and visitors. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the supervisory management within the production areas and for ensuring that all assigned tasks are delivered on time, according to the production specification while complying with any and all Federal, State, Local, or customer requirements, including OSHA, AIB and all Café Valley Bakery standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Consistent and dependable attendance.
- Ability to stand/walk for a minimum of 6 hours without a break.
- Ability to work weekends and flexible schedules as business needs demand.
- Ability to work with or around food allergens of all types.
- Ability to work in confined spaces. (Spiral, oven area, freezer etc)
- Must be able to wear/utilize personal protective equipment.
- Plan the day-to-day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) in order to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets as agreed with Production Management.
- Document daily production activities and review results against established targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings.
- Review daily maintenance effectiveness and work with staff from both Operations and Maintenance to identify opportunities for improvement. Prioritize, request, and ensure equipment maintenance and repairs are completed to maximize efficiency.
- Responsible for all supervisory activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, performance, hiring, discipline, coaching, training and development and termination recommendations.
- Ensure focused improvement tools are effectively utilized in all problem-solving situations to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate transitions between shifts and seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management.
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times by having safe work instructions, practices, and procedures in place for all positions and ensuring that employees are trained to understand and comply with those procedures. Apply corrective action consistently when required.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to organization policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities and recommending changes within own area of responsibility
- Working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and critical control points, lean manufacturing and other food safety, quality and manufacturing principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels and to motivate direct reports; specifically mentoring and coaching individuals and identifying short- and long-term development needs and providing appropriate support.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time using effective organizational skills and judgment in an environment of frequently changing circumstances.
- Degree + 5 years food manufacturing experience. Willing to consider a combination of education and prior experience
- (3) Three – (5) Five years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment with Bakery and or manufacturing experience a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
- Excellent communication, conflict management, decision-making, motivational and organizational skills required.
- Strong self-confidence and leadership skills required.
- Basic Mechanical skills required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 103430