Why You’ll Love This Job
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, Program Nurses will monitor resident status in order to ensure continuity of health services and to evaluate and/or initiate appropriate action.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule student’s medical appointments.
- Review consult forms and refer to consulting physician for further care.
- Order medications.
- End of month doctors’ orders (MAR).
- Organize shift report, present in shift change.
- Attends meetings such as in-service, student care meetings, nursing meetings, and staff meetings as directed by Supervisor and uses own initiative.
- Monitor students using student record and contact sheets; Doctor’s orders and instructions; nursing policies and facility directive, in order to ensure continuity of student care and to initiate appropriate action.
- Provides emergency life support to students and staff in life threatening situations using basic life support measures.
- Administers prescribed student medication using standard nursing procedures and following Doctor’s orders via oral and written instructions. Administration of medication is properly documented in accordance with program policy and procedure manual.
- Document on program forms as necessary in a neat and legible manner using only black ink. Forms should be completed and routed as noted in program directives and contain appropriate information.
- Gathers and exchanges information with Doctor and other disciplines in an accurate, prompt, and concise manner.
- Examines students thoroughly and in accordance with standard nursing procedures using stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, tongue blades, penlights, thermometer; reviews tests, lab results, past health findings and health records in order to establish physical status of student. Documents completed assessment/screening immediately in student’s record.
- Transcribes physical orders using Doctor Order Sheet in order to make available information from the physician to other pertinent staff. Transcription of orders should be accurate using approved abbreviations. Transcriptions are completed on same day of order and in accordance with program directives.
- Serves on the designated committees as assigned by Clinical Director or Facility Administrator.
- Other reasonably related business duties as assigned.
- Adherence and participation in the safety program
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Education: Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience: Two years nursing experience of direct patient care experience with children and adolescents, preferably in an in-patient residential setting.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills.
- Certifications & Licenses: Current RN license issued by the State Board of Nursing. This position requires current certification in CPR, First Aid and Behavior Management System. Additional certification or training may be required as deemed necessary by program to fulfill job duties and responsibilities.
- Other Requirements:
- High moral and ethical values.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team.
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries.
- Maturity of behavior and judgment.
- Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in work schedule.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and health assessments. Ability to write documentation in student’s records, routine reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of students and peers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret health and case assessments.
- Must possess initiative and judgment capabilities to organize and plan activities and follow student’s schedule.
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
- Must be experienced in adolescent growth and behavior.
- Must possess the ability to identify socially appropriate behaviors.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 37168