Why You’ll Love This Job
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN ONE OF THE top work places in AUSTIN?
Popp Hutcheson, an industry leader since 1983 and the largest property tax firm of its kind in the U.S., is seeking a highly motivated Property Tax Consultant to join our team.
Based in Austin, TX, Popp Hutcheson is one of the few law firms that provides full-spectrum property tax representation to its clients from “start to finish”. This comprehensive service is provided by a unique blend of lawyers and tax professionals.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Generous employee benefits package including company paid health, dental, vision, life insurance, company matched 401k
- 80 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) for the first year, increasing to 120 hours in your second year
- Work at one of Austin’s Top Places to Work and work alongside the best in the industry
- Great team culture
- Holiday parties, breakfast tacos, company lunches, stocked break room, team building events, in-house gym, birthday celebrations
- Diverse, dynamic and supportive team members
- Great work/life balance
- In house training and educational opportunities
If this sounds like a workplace you would want to be part of, we look forward to receiving your application for our Property Tax Consultant position!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROPERTY TAX CONSULTANT
- Directly assist the Firm’s Attorneys and Principals in daily client service activities including client meetings, hearings and mediation.
- Apply valuation knowledge to develop property tax appeals as well as property tax research.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding and working knowledge of the client’s business, real estate valuation and property tax issues.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with clients and county appraisal district representatives.
- Present property tax appeals at Appraisal District meetings and Appraisal Review Board hearings.
- Actively participate in local professional / industry organizations.
EDUCATION OF THE PROPERTY TAX CONSULTANT
- Masters / Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years in Ad Valorem Tax Valuation
- Texas Property Tax Consulting license from TDLR
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE PROPERTY TAX CONSULTANT
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of valuation principles and methodologies
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Team oriented
- Ability to travel year-round, with heavy travel June through August
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 52377