Why You’ll Love This Job!
Use your NP and leadership skills to positively impact lives and change a community for the better when you join Oceans Healthcare, a national leader in behavioral healthcare services, in our Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) position!
In the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) role, you can be proud to lead and be part of an outstanding team that constantly lifts each other up and applauds individual accomplishments. Here, your services will be appreciated by patients, and their friends and family who look to you for answers. Your contributions will reverberate beyond the facility, resulting in a better and healthier community for all, and career satisfaction for you.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner works under the supervision of the Psychiatrist and Hospital Administrator and in close coordination with other hospital personnel. Provides Behavioral & Medical care to hospital patients including examination, diagnosis and treatment with referral to specialists or hospitals where indicated. Apply for the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) role in Abilene, TX today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing, conducting, and prescribing medications for patients having psychiatric-mental health problems;
- Responsible for providing emergency psychiatric services, physical and psycho-social examination of their patients;
- Developing appropriate treatment plan and providing effective management of patient care with proper evaluation;
- Consulting with patients and families having multiple and complex psychiatric disorders; and working in acollaborative and integrative roles with primary healthcare providers;
- Performing invasive procedures;
- Educating patients on positive health promoting lifestyle choices and diseases, injury and illness prevention
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Qualifications/Requirements:
- Must have Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Current RN License In State of TX
- Certification to practice as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse as A Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner in the State of TX is required
- Previous experience in an in-patient hospital setting
No travel is required for the offered position.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 24777