Why You’ll Love This Job
The Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services Coordinator (PRSC) is responsible and accountable for the services programs on his/her assigned caseload. He/she will act as the case manager and be identified as the staff member to whom the resident primarily relates for the coordination of services. The PRSC will assess, develop a Plan of Care and oversee the psychiatric programming of the residents to ensure needs and goals are being met. The PRSC will, if deemed appropriate by the Plan of Care, assist the residents in discharge planning. The PRSC will report directly to the Director of Behavioral Services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- There shall be a PRSC for each thirty (30) residents. Caseloads will be determined by the Director.
- Provide the resident with a stable therapeutic relationship.
- Orient the resident to the unit and programming.
- Assess and complete required paperwork and assessments upon admission and quarterly thereafter. The PRSC is held accountable for all completion of paperwork including MDS, raps and goals.
- Review and assist the resident in understanding the treatment plan and program
- Be an active member of the interdisciplinary team to ensure that the Plan of Care developed addresses the reduction of the resident’s psychiatric symptoms and the acquisition of skills necessary to enable the resident to achieve a higher functional
- Develop a Plan of Care for each resident on his/her caseload, ensure that each plan is individualized, that each plan states the progressive goals of treatment including measurable objectives, is understandable and acknowledged by staff and resident and is implemented. An interim Plan of Care is required within seven (7) days of admission prior to the fourteen (14) day. The interim plan shall be based on pre-admission screening, assessments and “notice of determination” made by the PAS agent. If the resident refuses to attend the treatment plan meeting, the PRSC shall meet with the resident and review the plan with documentation of meeting in the resident’s chart
- Coordinate and implement, if indicated, work programs for residents to increase work related skills and foster He/she will utilize community resources/services when needed such as specialized work activity programs, prevocational and work adjustment training.
- When deemed appropriate by the lOT, the PRSC will coordinate and follow through on discharge planning for a resident including linkage to service providers, post-discharge plan and discharge summary.
- Assess, when needed, the reason for resident failure to attend programs at least50 percent of any program included in the Plan of Care over a 30 day period.
- Responsible for coordinating staff in the delivery of psychiatric rehabilitation services programs, oversight of data collection and the review of the resident’s
- Responsible for the coordination and supervision of individual or group programs to ensure meeting resident needs based on Plan of Care.
- Conduct individual or group programs as deemed necessary to fulfill requirements of psychosocial programming.
- Responsible for visual quality assurance checks of the unit with any problems/work orders addressed to the Director.
- Perform crisis intervention services, as needed, and be available and willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Behavioral Services.
The PRSC shall meet one of the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a human services field (including but not limited to sociology, special education, rehabilitation counseling or psychology) and have a minimum of one year of supervised experience in mental health or human services
- An individual who is employed at a licensed nursing home in a capacity similar to that of a PRSC and who has at least five years experience in that capacity may petition the Department for approval to continue to act in said role even if the individual does not possess a Bachelor’s Degree in human services.
- Must have the current federally required vaccines or proof of a valid exemption.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 117037