Why You’ll Love This Job
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhering to all applicable laboratory safety and documentation guidelines.
- Performing routine analytical quality testing in QC/QA lab for Monomers & Resins manufacturing.
- Ensuring proper operation of lab equipment through routine standard checks and maintenance.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly laboratory working environment.
- Effectively communicating with staff, and ensure that lab results are delivered in a clear and timely manner. Preferred knowledge in the following analytical instruments and techniques: AA, GC, LC, FTIR, titration, X-ray fluorescence and gravimetric analysis.
- This career opportunity will be based out of our CA – Columbia (Gaston, SC) facility.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Possess good interpersonal skills in communication, listening, and good safety practices.
- Possess good math skills
- Able to work 12 hour rotating shifts
- Laboratory Experience is Preferred
- Must have either Manufacturing Experience or Laboratory Experience
- Must serve on the plant emergency response team (ERT)
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 113915