Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you interested in making a significant impact on the quality of care provided to an organization? Do you want to contribute to measuring and improving the quality outcomes achieved by our team members through assessment and compliance with internal standards? If so, please apply today as we are currently looking for highly motivated individuals who share our desire for promoting a high-quality culture.
We are looking to hire for a Full-Time Quality Improvement Specialist!
Thompson Child & Family Focus is the leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas and Florida. The Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. Thompson has multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
What we offer:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
Job Duties and Responsibilities
In this key position as a Quality Improvement Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining compliance and contributing to quality improvement initiatives. This involves performing the assessment and analysis of operations and processes, leveraging solutions from dependent and related projects, generating new perspectives, frameworks or innovations that enable organizational improvement. Additionally, improvement specialists work collaboratively with staff and leadership to design and implement improvements and innovations. To achieve defined outcomes, the improvement specialist engenders commitment, fosters cultural changes, disseminates information, and provides support for behavioral and process changes.
- Monitor compliance with external standards set by stakeholders and accrediting/licensing agencies such as Joint Commission, Medicaid/MCO, DHHS, DHSR, DSS, and DCDEE.
- Ensure compliance with internal standards by conducting regular internal reviews of program services and monitors Plan of Corrections.
- Conduct quality audits of IRIS reports and ensures reporting procedures are being followed.
- Assist with the grievance process by conducting internal investigations of client rights violations and complaints.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Must have (3) years Behavioral health/Human service experience.
- Knowledge of Medicaid standards, NC Managed Care, Continuous Quality Improvement, and regulatory compliance required.
- Experience with conducting investigations of grievances and knowledge of Joint Commission accreditation standards preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel. Excellent time-management, verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid NC driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required.
Salary Range: $42,000-$50,000
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 98119