Why You’ll Love This Job
Thompson Child & Family Focus is the leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas and Florida. The Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. Thompson has multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
Thompson offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Recreational Therapist’s primary purpose is to provide engaging activities, programs, events, and other experiences that create a therapeutic environment for the youth in their care.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Lead efforts in coordinating events, activities, developing an active and engaged program schedule for all clients in care
- Facilitate individual and group activities that provide education, engagement, emotional, physical, spiritual development, and fun
- Support the milieu in behavioral management and pro-active crisis management
- Communicate internally and externally as to the needs and best practices related to the treatment of individual clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or related field is required.
- Certified or licensed to practice LRT in North Carolina is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite application software, Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A valid NC driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required.
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type: Part Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 108546