Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you looking for an RN position that is rewarding and offers flexible scheduling? Thompson Child & Family Focus offers opportunities for new graduates as well as seasoned nurses. Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN positions available. Days or evenings. Flexible scheduling!
Thompson Child & Family Focus is the leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas and Florida. The Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. Thompson has multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
Thompson offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Registered Nurses at Thompson care for our children enrolled in our psychiatric residential treatment facility (PRTF) programs. These programs provide 24-hour direct care to youths ages 7 – 17 by providing a safe therapeutic home setting in a positive, consistent and structured environment. This includes mental health support and documentation based on service goals and plans for each youth.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Medication administration oversight,
- Medical file record keeping
- Responding to client medical needs.
- Work directly with the psychiatrist to provide professional nursing care.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Nursing required. Must have a current NC RN license or multistate RN license and be in good standing with the licensing board.
- Pediatric and/or psychiatric nursing experience preferred but not required.
- A valid NC driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required.
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 109537