Why You’ll Love This Job
What do we provide?
Thompson Child & Family Focus is the leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas and Florida. The Fayettville, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. Thompson has multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
Thompson offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Thompson, located in the Charlotte/Matthews area, has multiple openings for Registered Nurses (PRN) in our psychiatric residential treatment facility (PRTF) programs. These programs provide 24-hour direct care to youths ages 7 – 17 by providing a safe therapeutic home setting in a positive, consistent and structured environment. This includes mental health support and documentation based on service goals and plans for each youth.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Medication administration oversight,
- Medical file record keeping
- Responding to client medical needs.
- Work directly with the psychiatrist to provide professional nursing care.
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required
- Must have a current NC RN license or multistate RN license and be in good standing with the licensing board.
- Pediatric and/or psychiatric nursing experience preferred.
- Staff need to be available to work flexible 12-hour shifts (6am-6pm or 6pm-6am) and weekends as needed.
- A valid NC driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required.
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 100744