Not all superheroes wear capes, but we sure think our staff should wear one every day! Join a passionate bunch of veterinary professionals at Palomar Animal Hospital who are saving the Vista, CA community, one pet at a time!
Palomar Animal Hospital is a full-service small animal hospital, serving the health care needs of just about all manner of household pets, including dogs, cats and pocket pets to birds, reptiles, and exotics. Dr. Linda Knox is a compassionate leader who has guided the hospital in serving the local Vista community for 14 years. The city of Vista is located between LA and San Diego and is just seven miles from the beach! Our state-of-the-art facility is outfitted with modern equipment and cutting-edge technology, allowing us to consistently deliver the highest quality veterinary medical, dental, surgical, and diagnostic care available. To complement our doctors, we have a team of experienced support staff and a strong leadership group who work closely together to deliver the best care to each pet and pet owner!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Working in the People, Pets & Vets family allows you to provide excellent care with top-quality resources while maintaining the individuality and medical autonomy which makes each practice unique. We are all about the PEOPLE that share a love for animals. We put PETS at the center of everything we do! Our VETS and the entire support team provide quality care for pets. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! Join us today and become a cornerstone of your pet community.
Schedule: Full Time with some weekend shifts.
- Valid RVT credentials in CA or pending credentials within 6-8 months
- Proficient in dental procedures (Extractions/X-Rays) required
- Ability to work on feet all day
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Team player, go getter, willing to jump-in when needed
- Positive attitude and the desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- No On-Call or After-Hours Emergency Calls
- Paid Time Off
- Annual CE Reimbursement
- 401K With Annual Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Pet Care Benefits for your personal pets
- Career Growth/Professional Mentorship
COVID-19: Currently operating curbside and adhering to local recommended Covid-19 safety protocols.
We are an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 29402