Why You’ll Love This Job
Here’s a little more more information about the PT Tech internship for students who are seeking more clarification: If you are interested in interviewing for the last afternoon spot or getting on our WAIT LIST we have open for Winter 2023. . .please let me know or if you are interested in getting started during Spring, Please let me know.
Just to tell you a little more about the FYZICAL internship, experience is not necessary. . .The internship is designed specifically for students who are seriously trying to get their foot in the door of a medical office who don’t have prior experience and who are planning to apply and attend a health related graduate school like PA, PT, OT, Podiatry, Nursing, Medical School and need clinical hours and a recommendation source for the Letter of recommendation that is required. All training for the internship ” is on the job”. This is a paid internship–however; it’s an internship and is not highly paid–if you are just looking for a job; this may not be the right fit for you. Many students appreciate the pay instead of having to get hours through unpaid volunteer hours. There is NO shadowing in the internship–this is all one on one patient care/clinical hours.
The timing of doing a year -long internship is important. We feel strongly that having the opportunity to get to know a student for a year before we do their letter of recommendation is critical–students become confident and become leaders and trainers in the latter part of their year internship and it gives us the opportunity to see their confidence, talents and abilities and we can write a strong/personal letter for them versus knowing a student a short time and we really don’t know them that well and they are training. The first two questions we are asked from the CAS referral program when completing a recommendation for a student are:1. How long have you known the student?
2. How well do you know the student? Of course, we want to answer that we have known them 1 year and that we know them very well. We are very passionate about our Internship program and we have a great desire for our students to reach their goals and get accepted into a graduate program and we are committed to work hard on our end to help in any way we can with letters, interview prep, mock interviews and advice.
Our students work 12 to 18 hours per week either MWF from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. OR TTH from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. OR 1 pm to 7 p.m. During the 1 year internship, our techs will learn on the job how to assist patients with modalities like Ultrasound, electrical stimulation, laser, massage and offer assistance. Students working a T TH shift can earn over 600 hours and students working a MWF shift can earn around 936 hours.
If this sounds like something that you have an interest in pursuing and you have an afternoon available, please let me know and I’ll find a time to do an in person interview or a facetime interview. My email is [email protected]om
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help physical therapist provide care to patients
- Ensure clients are being seen in a timely manner with no backlogs
- Provide supervised assistance to patients
- Sanitize rooms after each client
- Some admin and office tasks
- Assist the therapist in administering patient care
- Maintain a smooth flow of patients through the clinic and gym
- With supervision, set up patients on modalities; assist with their exercise programs
- Clean tables and equipment between patients
- Assist with clerical and administrative tasks as needed
- Perform some laundry duties
Required skills & qualifications:
- H.S. graduate or GED
- Great communication/interpersonal skills
Preferred but not required:
- Working toward a physical therapy or AT degree
- Knowledgeable of medical language
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 95704