Why You’ll Love This Job
At Thompson Child and Family Focus, we can elevate your career as a program supervisor while you inspire, uplift, guide and manage the relationship between our client’s and staff. Make an impact today by applying and joining our team!
Thompson Child & Family Focus is the leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas and Florida. The Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. Thompson has multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
Thompson offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
Job Duties and Responsibilities
As a Program Supervisor for the Residential Care Specialist department you will provide experienced oversight for the daily operations, performance, care and support for clients and employees in our residential treatment program. As a Supervisor you also serve as a guide for the RCS staff. All RCS teams provide a safe, therapeutic home setting in a positive, consistent, and structured environment. This includes coaching’s and feedback to ensure development and growth of direct reports.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Setting programmatic objectives, defining roles, and prioritizing tasks for direct reports
- Effective proactive communication in all directions (up, down, sideways) to ensure program needs are met
- Recruit, interview and selection of top tier talent for their program staff
- Conduct thorough and well-documented assessments of direct reports performance
- Proactively address performance issues and replace team members who consistently fall short of delivering on their objectives
- Create an open and trusting environment where teamwork and collaboration is valued
- Three years of experience in mental health and behavioral health care required and B.A./B.S. in a related human service field preferred with 2 years of experience in mental health and/or behavioral health.
- OR Masters Degree in Human Services and 1 year experience in mental health and behavioral health care
- Candidates with one year of experience working in a crisis/acute care setting are strongly encouraged to apply
- A valid NC driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required.
Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
Thompson Child & Family Focus will require proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as a part of the background screening and credentialing process for all applicants.
To provide leadership to other residential counselors in the milieu, and ensure you as lead and other residential counselors who give direct care to the clients in the residential treatment program provide a safe, therapeutic home setting in a positive, consistent, and structured environment. This includes mental health support and documentation based on service goals and plans for each client.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 78446