Amazing perks. Generous benefits. The chance to make life-changing differences in the lives of young people. You will realize that and more when you join us as a Residential Counselor in Aurora, IL!
Here, you will be surrounded by a top-rated team of professionals who work together to ensure the success of all, freeing you to focus on what matters — the children who look to you for help. Use your Residential Counselor experience to play a pivotal role in the workplace, the community and the mental health industry as you work with children to help them successfully navigate their surroundings. Through learning opportunities and mentorship, you will be able to grow your skills and advance your career in the areas that interest you. For your valued contributions, you will receive medical, vision and dental insurance, company-funded life and disability insurance, online access to your daily earnings, a great retirement plan, PTO, holiday pay and more.
Join an organization invested in your growth and success! Apply for our Residential Counselor job opening today.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Residential Counselor Responsibilities:
- Supervise patient activity and monitor behavior at all times
- Implement, coordinate and engage in emergency and crisis intervention strategies and responses
- Assist in performing functional assessments of behaviors and developing intervention strategies
- Provide and/or accompany transport and supervision of patients to appointments, meetings and site trips
- Work with patients to ensure needs and schedules are met, and behavioral plans followed as prescribed
- Support the Director of Nursing, Unit Managers, supervisors and the inter-disciplinary teams
Residential Counselor Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous experience or associate degree (human services preferred)
- Ability to comprehend/demonstrate an understanding of the developmental milestones of children
- Current, valid state driver’s license; successful completion of background check and drug screen
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 29286