Do you have a passion for empowering today’s youth with real-world guidance and support? Are you committed to helping vulnerable youth overcome generational challenges, learn new communication and coping mechanisms and show them some fun? Have you spent time educating yourself in the psychological, familial and societal impacts on today’s youth, but need some hands-on practice?
Do you want to be a change-maker for youth in 2023?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, then we’d love to connect with you! As a leading provider of clinical and preventative services for children and families in Charlotte, Thompson is committed to impacting change! We believe that trauma-informed care, in a beautiful setting, fueled by people who are committed to the success of vulnerable youth, will change our communities. As we prepare to roll-out a new program, enhanced with additional levels of assessment, care and support for youth and their families, we are looking for Residential Youth Partners to bring our plan to life.
We are looking for various levels of experience. What is most important is the desire to serve youth!
Thompson offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off (like 21 days per year, so you will definitely have time to recharge!)
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Career paths that reward commitment and education
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Self-care supports like EAP, Calm subscriptions and more
- Pay increases periodically (based on performance and educational development)
As the Residential Youth Specialist you will be expected to provide care, supervision, structure, and to be an advocate that provides and builds a therapeutic relationship with the youth in your care. You will be surrounded by team members committed to the same goal, as well as various functional professionals partnering with you in our youth’s success.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day care of youth while in residence (including fun!)
- Display empathy and compassion for youth, while upholding best practices outlined in our trauma-enforced training
- Being a source of hope and positivity in a challenging environment
- Communicate, advocate and participate in program activities and initiatives
- Conduct yourself in the highest standards of ethics and integrity while displaying emotional intelligence in your day-to-day work with clients, peers, and leadership
- Uphold standards of care for the physical, psychological and mental health of our youth
- Provide vigilant supervision and monitoring of every client in your care
- Support treatment process of each youth
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in Human Services or Related Field
- Experience working with adolescents – If you’ve worked with youth in a residential setting and/or a behavioral health setting, Preferred.
- A valid NC driver’s license is a requirement with at least three years of a clean driving record. Some things may invalidate your eligibility such as but not limited to: DUI/DWI/OWI, Suspension/Inactive license and 3 or more violations.
- All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required.
Hourly rate: $17.00 to $19.00 dependent on experience, credentials and availability.
Per CMS guidelines, Thompson Child & Family Focus will REQUIRES proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as a part of the background screening and credentialing process for all applicants. #TCFFJOBS
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 97417