Why You’ll Love this Job
Daymark Living is a groundbreaking campus where adults with intellectual, cognitive or development disabilities can live, learn, and thrive. The campus sits on 40 acres near historic downtown Waxahachie and includes 28 cottages and community buildings for dining, fitness and education. The Nurse Consultant is responsible for reviewing service plans and determining if delegation is required for care tasks.The Nurse Consultant will review patient care and provide consultation to the nursing team in determining resident needs and implementing resident care.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- The Nurse Consultant will review the resident service plans and functional assessments at least annually or if there is a change in condition.
- The Nurse Consultant will sign off on the resident service plans and functional assessment and make any updates to the plan.
- During the review, the Nurse Consultant will assess the resident needs and evaluate the resident response to the plan of care in place.
- With new admissions the LVN will contact the Nurse Consultant to discuss the functional assessment, clinical record, and service plan.
- The LVN will contact the Nurse Consultant with any concerns on resident care for guidance.
- If duties are to be delegated to an unlicensed healthcare worker, the Nurse Consultant will follow the RN delegation from the Board of Nursing and ensure the staff member is properly trained and capable to perform the task.
- The RN will supervise the LVN performance by guiding, directing if necessary and influencing outcomes.
- Licensed as registered nurse or APRN to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
- Must at all times meet background checks as well as employability conditions of the Employee Misconduct Registry (EMR) and Nurse Aid Registry (NAR), as maintained by Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (TDADS)
- Strong knowledge of nursing delegation required
- Experience working with persons with IDD and special needs is preferred
- Experience working with PointClickCare is preferred but not required
- Experience with Assisted Living facilities is preferred but not required
Job ID: 23786