Why You’ll Love This Job in DeRidder, LA!
Use your RN and leadership skills to positively impact lives and change a community for the better when you join Oceans Healthcare, a national leader in behavioral healthcare services, in our Registered Nurse (RN) position!
In this Registered Nurse (RN) role, you will enjoy job autonomy as you guide daily operations and patient care activities. You can be proud to lead and be part of an outstanding team that constantly lifts each other up and applauds individual accomplishments. Your team members will excel under your expert guidance and support, and together, you will make a lasting difference as you advocate for the underserved in your community. Here, your services will be appreciated by patients, and their friends and family who look to you for answers. Your contributions will reverberate beyond the facility, resulting in a better and healthier community for all, and career satisfaction for you.
Make a choice to grow with a company that is invested in your success! Apply today!
Registered Nurse (RN) Responsibilities
- Advocate for patient needs/safety; provide quality nursing care
- Create, implement, document and follow up on individualized care and treatment plans
- Administer and provide education on prescribed medications
- Review, revise and update medical records; transcribe and implement physician’s orders
- Implement staff assignments and delegation of duties using appropriate judgment
Registered Nurse (RN) Qualifications
- Current RN state license to practice (Valid Compact license accepted at time of application)
- Associate degree in nursing with one year of inpatient hospital experience strongly preferred
- CPR certification; complete an Oceans-approved behavioral health de-escalation program
- An understanding and sensitivity to serve culturally diverse and special-needs population
- Knowledge base of normal physical/emotional development and of psychiatric nursing care
- Able to travel to other hospital locations as needed
Job ID: 33349