Why You’ll Love This Job
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Scaffold Builder Responsibilities:
- Install, remove, and modify scaffolding for access to industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels.
- Assembles scaffold consisting of guardrails, mid-rails, braces, planks, toe boards, and screens
- Performs scaffold inspections to confirm safety and integrity of erected scaffolds
- Works in a multi-craft atmosphere with insulators builders
- Read job packages and other specification to determine job requirements
- May be required to get certification in operation of overhead cranes, forklifts, and man lifts.
- The candidate may be required to work from heights and confined spaces
- Supports company’s planning and scheduling model during routine and shutdown execution
- This position is located at our CA – Columbia facility in Gaston, SC.
Scaffold Builder Experience & Education Requirements:
- Must have 3+ years’ experience as a scaffold builder in an industrial manufacturing facility
- Certified scaffold training is a plus
- Insulation experience is a plus
- Crane rigging and signaling a plus
- Must be willing to work in a multi-craft environment
- Must accurately interpret and apply information from job orders, work orders, blueprints, sketch drawings, and other blueprint documents
- Must be able to speak, read, and comprehend English
- Must be able to work overtime, to include nights and weekends, when needed in order to meet production deadlines
- Must be able to work productively and efficiently in adverse conditions
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 50 lbs.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Knowledge of industry safety practices and willingness to participate in advancing safety culture
- Great attendance and ability to work independently without daily supervision
- Will be required to pass practical tests
We offer excellent pay and a skills based pay progression system. This is an hourly position and benefits eligibility starts on your first day of employment.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 113913