Now Hiring: Senior Medical Billing Associate
MD Now is the largest provider of urgent care in Florida with over 50 clinics serving patients in Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade and Indian River Counties. MD Now is seeking bright, talented individuals who share in our commitment to making a positive difference for the patients and our communities. If you are passionate about growing your career in a fast-paced environment, and have an enthusiastic “have fun” attitude, we’d love to meet you!
MD Now’s team members use our drive to energize, engage, and inspire each other and our communities every day. MD Now boasts a diverse team who work together to deliver exceptional medical care and embrace continuous improvement.
Under the direct supervision of the Billing Operations management, is responsible for collecting, posting and maintaining accounts payments. Submits claims and follows up with patients and insurance companies. Provides excellent customer service and support to patients, business partners and/or public in general.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviews encounters received for all pertinent information: patient information, insurance information, service descriptors, diagnosis codes and managed care authorization requirements.
· Prepares and submits electronic/paper claims to insurance companies or invoices to corporate accounts.
· Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements.
· Analyzes and ensure the accuracy of in information in the billing system.
· Enters, reviews and retrieves patient account information from EMR system.
· Reconciles information on encounter form with information in EMR.
· Investigates rejected claims.
· Promptly identifies and resolves patients, insurance companies, laboratories, and related offices billing complaints.
· Serves as a liaison for all correspondence and queries pertaining to billing issues.
· Prints and submits claims forms to all carriers and patients.
· Continues routine follow-up of claims submitted to monitor payment status.
· Performs collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
· Follows and reports status on delinquent accounts.
· Process payments from insurance companies and patients and prepares a daily deposit.
· Submit completed batches, including vouchers, transmittals, bank deposit slips, copies of checks, and credit card receipts.
· Reviews and processes medical record requests from all entities in keeping with MD Now Policy and to the letter of the law.
· Assists in credentialing for the providers with the insurance companies.
· Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations. Assures patients confidentiality at all times.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Two (2) years of college and/or an Associate Degree (AA) is helpful. Must provide proof of graduation.
Job Type: Full-time
· Three (3) + years of medical billing experience is required.
· One (1) year billing experience in Urgent Care or similar practice setting is highly preferred.
· Knowledge of medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices is highly desirable.
· Knowledge of government regulatory requirements applicable to their role.
· Computer Literate: Excel, Word and PowerPoint are desirable. E-Clinical Works knowledge is helpful.
License and/or Certifications: Certification in Medical Billing is helpful. Proof of Certification required.
• Palm Beach (Palm Beach Lakes Blvd)
• Detail-oriented — quality / performance improvement and precision-focused
• Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
• Monday to Friday
• Job type: Full Time
• Day shift
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
MD Now is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 31043