Why You’ll Love This Job
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn, own, live, and teach the Code of Values and Classic Standards.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Cody’s Gastro Garage and the Water’s Edge Resort.
- Greets guests within 60 seconds of seating.
- Inform guests of menu changes and daily specials and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Take food or beverages orders from guests.
- Prepare hot and cold drinks for guests. Servers over 21 (Utah) and 19 (Idaho) can pour/serve alcoholic drinks (beer and wine).
- Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services.
- Serve food or beverages to guests.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Pre-bus during the meal and clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Prepare tables for meals, including sanitization, refill of condiments baskets, adding silverware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses and pour the wines for guests.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, soup, and brewing coffee.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describe and recommend wines to guests.
- Collect payments from guests.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
Tools and Technology:
- Cash registers
- Commercial use cutlery
- Credit card processing machines
- Point-of-sale receipt printers
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
- Touch screen monitors
- Point-of-sale software
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 37857