Comprehensive Home Health is looking for a Speech Therapist to provide treatment to the patient to improve sensory-motor development, perception, memory, language and cognition.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates professional conduct and ethics according to agency policy and procedure.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information and all Agency operations.
- Provide speech therapy in compliance with physician’s prescription, patient’s plan of care, agency policies and procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Perform initial and ongoing re-assessments prior to the 30th day, including OASIS assessments at appropriate time points, to determine level of functioning, swallowing and communication ability.
- Develop a plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care team members.
- Instruct patient and families on proper consistency of food to maintain nutritional intake and prevent complications of swallowing disorders.
- Instruct patients and families on using special educational strategies and techniques to improve sensory-motor development, perception, memory, language and cognition.
- Prepare documentation of services provided to patient in the electronic medical record and complete sync.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and outcomes of care.
- Consult and coordinate services with other care team members.
- Inform the physician and/or other personnel of changes in patient’s needs or condition.
- Instruct other members of the interdisciplinary team in phases of speech therapy to enable them to work with patient.
- Assist in planning patient discharge.
- Complete all annual in-service training and competency assessments as required.
- Participate in staff meetings, patient case conferences and Agency in-services.
- Perform other job duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Health Services including participating in performance improvement activities; i.e., record reviews and performance improvement groups..
1. Graduate of an approved/accredited college program that meets the educational requirements for a Speech Language Pathologist.
2. Licensure as a speech pathologist in the respective state.
3. One (1) year home health care experience preferred.
4. Current CPR certification.
5. Background check acceptable to the Agency.
6. Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance.
7. Able to work autonomously with minimum supervision.
8. Demonstrated organizational skills and detail-oriented.
9. Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
10. Demonstrated computer skills.
11. Demonstrated time management skills.
12. Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
13. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
14. Able to communicate in English.
15. Able to work as a team member.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 27291