We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit. Responsible for the completion of all tasks related to support of accounting in all phases. Completion of all tasks in compliance with policies, controls and procedures utilized by the business with regard to the specific areas is essential to the success of this position. Able to meet deadlines as required by the business.
Do you have an accounting, finance, or business degree and are looking to join a supportive team of professionals? Do you thrive in a future-focused environment where your feedback and input are valued? Do you want to receive ongoing training in a role where you make a difference in people’s lives?
If you answered YES, to any of these questions, we want to get to know you!
Thompson is now hiring full-time staff accountant to join the team. This is a FULLY REMOTE position.
Why Join US!
Thompson Child & Family Focus is the leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas and Florida. The Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. Thompson has multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
We offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
If you’re someone who aligns with our values and is interested in learning more, we encourage you to apply today.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ongoing collaboration with finance team members to successfully execute finance department goals and objectives.
- Research and record daily cash receipts in the accounting software and verify/accept Grant/Billable AR payments.
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
- Review credit card transactions to ensure proper coding and post monthly journal to the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and monthly general ledger account analysis, including but not limited to AP, AR, Prepaids and Accrued expenses.
- Assist in yearly audit and budget preparation.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by the Controller and/or CFO
- Associate degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business.
- Or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience in accounting or finance.
- Must have knowledge of reconciliations, general ledger and the accounting cycle.
- Non-profit accounting knowledge a plus. Knowledge of non-profit software a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite application software (excel-Intermediate level)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Salary Range: $47,000 – $52,000
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 98431