At People, Pets, and Vets, we are wild about people that share a love for animals. We foster a culture of learning, respect, and compassionate care. Most importantly, we like to have FUN! We are a PE-backed, high growth Services Company that partners with veterinarians to help them reach their full potential. Today we own 65 Veterinary Hospitals and counting!
We are building a world-class Accounting Department in the Greater Salt Lake Area and looking for accounting professionals who love to be in the numbers, pride themselves on accuracy, enjoy continuous learning, look for opportunities to build for growth and like to have fun!
The Staff Accountant is responsible for ensuring that transactions have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect our accounting policies and procedure to prepare our financial results in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This is an entry-level position with the potential to grow as the Company expands.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll be utilizing your accounting degree to provide the following for our 65 and growing Animal Hospitals located in multiple states and in multi-entities:
- Prepare, post, and document financial transactions and journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain general ledger accounts and prepare journal entries (monthly, adjusting, and/or recurring) and related reconciliations for month-end and year-end closing.
- Reconcile and research financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information and recommending solutions.
- Provide accounting support to team as needed for hospital acquisitions.
- Prepare, support and research monthly Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, and P & L variance analysis for individual Hospitals, Locations and Regions.
- Provide information and support to the external auditors and tax professionals as part of their annual audit of the financial statements and income tax preparation.
- Compile and prepare various sales and use tax, property taxes, and franchise tax filings timely.
- Assist as needed with download and upload of files from key additional sources and systems such as key vendors, Concur and ADP into the General Ledger Accounting system
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports to support communicating to the broader organization.
- Ensure compliance to internal accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support and build a high growth accounting organization.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Recent graduate with a required bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Demonstrates analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excel proficiency required with the desire to build and develop these skills.
- Comfortable with large amounts of data to sort, view and analyze such data for GL entries, variance analysis and research.
- Experience with Mid-Market or Tier 1 Accounting Systems a plus.
- Team player and ability to work independently.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout a multi-state Company.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with varying deadlines.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 30886