Why You’ll Love This Job
The Courtyard by Marriott Bellevue Downtown is looking for a full or Part time Barista to join our team. We are managed by Puget Sound Hospitality which owns and operates 5 hotels in the Puget sound area.
It is our passion and responsibility to provide unmatched service to our guests and create opportunities for our associates. We aim to achieve success for our owners by being innovative and constantly evolving, exceeding the expectations of our associates and guests, and creating an environment of Inspired Connections.
We strongly believe in career advancement opportunities across our properties and work with managers to identify and train individuals who are interested in learning and growing within our organization.
Salary: $19.50 per hour
Location: 11010 NE 8th St. Bellevue, WA 98004.
Commute/Transportation: We are located just 1 block from the bus transit station and future Link Light rail station and offer a discounted annual ORCA pass. If you prefer to drive, we offer free parking to all of our employees in our underground garage.
Benefits: Our benefits package is available to full time employees after they complete 60 days of employment. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D.
We partner with Colonial life to offer supplemental insurance options such as accident, short term disability, and whole life during our annual enrollment.
We have a 401(K) retirement plan available to all employees who are 21+ and have been employed for 6 months.
We offer Marriott employee room rates as well as Marriott friends and family room rates that can be used based on availability at any Marriott location worldwide.
Work shifts: Our current hours of operation are 6am-6pm. We have Opening, Mid and Closing shifts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The daily job duties
Promotes coffee sales by educating customers, selling coffee, coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies, accurately posting sales to our point of sale system, and maintaining a high level of energy and customer satisfaction.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu and answering any questions.
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding and brewing equipment by explaining differences in coffee beans and coffee preparation machines; demonstrating how brewing equipment operates.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee and tea drinks.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers and defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply, stocking coffee brewing equipment, and maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for the coffee bar.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining coffee supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing process, implementing changes, maintaining and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading publications on coffee, retail trade, and food service, and maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and unique requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Valid Washington State Food workers card
- Basic knowledge of coffee shop service procedures and functions
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to understand and speak using the predominant language(s) of guests
- Able to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver bags, boxes, and containers weighing up to 25 pounds
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Puget Sound Hospitality participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify English and Spanish (PDF)
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 84842